Confirmed Event Staff Includes:
Jon Chastine: Jon has been with the Factory since 2013. He helps with regional tryouts, player development events, and with our Under Armour National Tournament Division. He played college baseball at Cal Baptist University in Riverside, CA. He served at Bethesda University as an infield coach for two years and is currently the head coach at Vista Del Lago High School.
Darren Fenster: Darren is currently a manager in the Boston Red Sox Organization. He played at Rutgers University before going on to play in the Kansas City Royals organization. He then coached at Rutgers for six years before joining the professional baseball coaching ranks.
Kevin Riggs: Riggs was a standout player at East Carolina University and was drafted by the Cincinnati Reds. He spent seven years in the minors and was selected to the All-Star Team four times. He was among the top 10 batting leaders three times and was the Norwich Navigators MVP & Offensive Player of the Year in 1996. Riggs spent time coaching in the Colorado Rockies organization from 2007-2014 and has since worked with the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Philadelphia Phillies.
Darryl Scott: Darryl is currently the Colorado Rockies Roving Pitching Coordinator. Former Triple-A pitching coach for the Albuquerque Isotopes. He has spent the last two seasons as the pitching coach for the Tulsa Drillers. Prior to that, Scott was the pitching coach for the Modesto Nuts, the Single-A Affiliate for the Colorado Rockies. He is a former Major League pitcher, reaching the big leagues in 1993 with the California Angels. He also pitched in the Rockies, Indians, Phillies and Diamondbacks organizations. Darryl played his college ball at Loyola Marymount University.
Ryan Scott: Ryan played college baseball at Arkansas State University. In 2013, Ryan was drafted in the 30th round by the Los Angeles Dodgers. Ryan has also played in the Angels organization and is currently with the Seattle Mariners organization. He also played in the Pioneer League with the Orem Owlz.
Important Training Info:
- If player travels alone, they will be met by Baseball Factory staff at the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport baggage claim (player arrival 3 pm to 6 pm).
- One hotel room with 2 double beds will be provided for player and parent. If player attends by himself, he will have his own room. Airfare is NOT included in the registration fees.
- Players may bring spending money for souvenirs and/or extra snacks.
- Players will receive Baseball Factory jersey and hat.
- Players need to bring all necessary baseball equipment for training and competition.
- Players receive access to the Recruiting, Education & Development Manual to assist in their player development and the college recruiting process.
- 1 hotel room will be provided per player/parent (Parents and guests are responsible for providing their own meals and transportation).
Want to join us for Select Training & Competition in Arizona? Contact us now for more information.