Confirmed Event Staff Includes:
Darren Fenster: Darren is currently a manager in the Boston Red Sox Organization. He played at Rutgers University before going on to play in the Kansas City Royals organization. He then coached at Rutgers for six years before joining the professional baseball coaching ranks.
Greg Guidry: Greg is a former First-Team All-Sun Belt Conference catcher at Louisiana Tech University. He also played at Pearl River Community College where he was inducted into the school’s Athletics Hall of Fame. He is currently the Head Coach at Dekaney HS in Houston, TX. Before Dekaney, Guidry was an assistant coach at Louisiana Tech.
Kevin Riggs: Riggs was a standout player at East Carolina University and was drafted by the Cincinnati Reds. He spent seven years in the minors and was selected to the All-Star Team four times. He was among the top 10 batting leaders three times and was the Norwich Navigators MVP & Offensive Player of the Year in 1996. Riggs spent time coaching in the Colorado Rockies organization from 2007-2014 and has since worked with the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Philadelphia Phillies.
Darryl Scott: Darryl is currently the Colorado Rockies Roving Pitching Coordinator. Former Triple-A pitching coach for the Albuquerque Isotopes. He has spent the last two seasons as the pitching coach for the Tulsa Drillers. Prior to that, Scott was the pitching coach for the Modesto Nuts, the Single-A Affiliate for the Colorado Rockies. He is a former Major League pitcher, reaching the big leagues in 1993 with the California Angels. He also pitched in the Rockies, Indians, Phillies and Diamondbacks organizations. Darryl played his college ball at Loyola Marymount University.
Mike Surina: Michael played his college baseball at Chaffey Community College for two years and the University of La Verne for two years. At La Verne, he was two-time First-Team All-Conference and All-Region honors in his senior year. Michael played two seasons of Independent Minor League baseball for the Tijuana Cimarrones and Yuma Scorpions in the Golden League and Fort Worth Cats of the American Association Baseball League. He is now the head baseball coach at Chino High School in Chino, California.
Important Training Info:
- Players will be greeted by Baseball Factory representatives at baggage claim
- Players are fully supervised 24 hours a day.
- If player travels alone, they will be met by Baseball Factory staff at Airport baggage claim.
- Players receive a Baseball Factory shirt and hat.
- Water/Gatorade will be distributed throughout the day for players.
- Players need to bring all necessary baseball equipment for training and games
- Players receive access to the Recruiting, Education & Development Manual to assist in their player development and the college recruiting process.
- Players may bring spending money for souvenirs and/or extra snacks
- Airfare is NOT included in the registration fees
- Reach out to your Player Development Coordinator for special hotel options or lodging upgrades
Want to join us for Select Training & Competition in Arizona? Contact us now for more information.