*Please note: Itinerary and Rosters posted are from 2019 event. Information for 2020 will be posted closer to time of event.
Looking for Session 1 Information? Click here.
Event Staff May Include:
Patrick Cottrell: Pat played his college ball at the University of West Florida, then went on to play five years of professional baseball with the Tampa Bay Rays. Currently, Pat serves as the the Assistant Coach at Pensacola State College. He was previously at nationally-ranked University of South Carolina Beaufort. Pat has also served as an assistant coach at the University of West Florida, where they won a D2 National Championship in 2011.
Kory Dehaan: Kory is a former Major League outfielder with the San Diego Padres. He attended Morningside College and was a 7th round pick of the Pittsburgh Pirates in 1997. He garners almost a decade of coaching in professional baseball with the Padres & Pirates. He is currently a manager in the Pirates minor league system.
Ryan Kennedy: Ryan is currently the head coach at Lakewood Ranch High School in Bradenton, FL. He won two national championships at the University of Tampa and then went on to play in the Los Angeles Angels organization.
Phil Olson: Phil knows a thing or two about saving games; he was the all-time saves leader for Florida State. He played in many big games over the course of his career, from the Little League World Series to the College World Series to the USA National Team. From teaching kids to calming nerves, to a nasty slider, to ironing out mechanics, Phil is an expert in all things pitching. Phil played professionally in the Mets organization and uses all of his experience to help young pitchers – and always with a smile on his face and an approachable presence.
Rich Pasquale: Rich is a Baseball Factory National Selection Scout and has coached at every level of college baseball. He currently serves as an Associate Scout with the Baltimore Orioles. Before that he was the hitting coach for the Washington Wild Things a professional independent team in the Frontier League. Previous college stints consisted of being the Head Coach at DI Youngstown State University and DIII LaRoche College. He has also been an assistant coach at DI Pitt and DII Slippery Rock University.
Teddy Regan: Ted is originally from Fall River, Massachusetts and has an extensive coaching background. He is a former assistant coach at Eckerd College in Florida. He has also coached in the prestigious Cape Cod Baseball League with the Bourne Braves and the Wareham Gatemen. He was the Director for River City Baseball for 15 years before his time at Eckerd College, and coached the USA/Japan International Friendship Series in 1996. The Fall River Herald News awarded Ted with the ‘Coaches Who Make a Difference’ award while he was an assistant at Bishop Connolly High School.
Dan Taylor: Dan is the former Head Coach at Mars Hill College where he is the winningest coach in MHC history with 233 wins. Before MHC, he was at Frederick Community College where he was three-time Region XX, Maryland JUCO and Louisville Slugger Coach of the Year. He is currently the head coach at John Carroll Catholic High School in Fort Pierce, FL.
Taylor Valentine: Taylor is currently the assistant baseball coach and recruiting coordinator for Centre College. He began his collegiate playing career at Milligan College (2010-13) before playing at Asbury University as a middle infielder (2014-15). He then spent three years at Asbury as the associate head coach, helping to build the program into a top-rated NAIA Baseball program for student-athletes. Valentine took his coaching expertise to the University of Illinois-Chicago where he coached all UIC position players and hitters in 2019 as the Flames won the Horizon League Championship and earned a spot in the NCAA CWS Louisville Regional.
Important Event Info:
- If player travels alone, they will be met by Baseball Factory staff at the Tampa International Airport baggage claim.
- All players will eat three meals at the Pirate City cafeteria and sleep in the same facilities used by Major League Players and experience life as a pro at Pirate City, the Spring Training Home of the Pittsburgh Pirates in Bradenton, Florida.
- Players receive a Baseball Factory shirt and hat.
- Players may bring spending money for souvenirs and/or extra snacks.
- Baseball Factory scouts select players from across the country for this tournament based on their performance at an Under Armour National Tryout, College PREP or other Baseball Factory event. Selected players will be divided by position onto teams that will compete in the tournament. Baseball Factory will coach all teams in the tournament.
- Parents welcome to attend this event, but it is not a requirement for participation (Parents and guests are responsible for providing their own reservation, meals and transportation).
Want to join us at Pirate City? Contact us now for more information.
Learn more about what Bradenton, Florida has to offer as a destination by visiting their website here.