Staff Could Include:
Brian Betancourth: Brian currently serves as hitting coach at Triple-A Salt Lake in the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim organization. Prior to that, he was in the Colorado Rockies organization. He played his college baseball at Mount San Jacinto Junior College in Southern California. After his collegiate career, Brian went on to play for the Long Beach Armada in the Golden Baseball League, an independent professional league on the West Coast.
Jon Chastine: Jon has been with the Factory since 2013. He helps with regional tryouts, player development events, and with our Under Armour National Tournament Division. He played college baseball at Cal Baptist University in Riverside, CA. He served at Bethesda University as an infield coach for two years and is currently the head coach at Vista Del Lago High School.
Jimmy Johnson: Jimmy brings over 40 years of professional baseball experience to the Baseball Factory, having worked events with the company the last 12 years. He’s been in various hitting coordinator and managerial roles with the Astros, Yankees, Royals, Dodgers, and the Colorado Rockies. He was also the infield, hitting, and field coordinator for the Rockies. He most recently served as the hitting coach for team China during the WBC, and has worked with Major League Baseball and their facilities in China. Jimmy conducts professional hitting and defensive lessons in the Phoenix area. He played professionally for seven seasons with the Houston Astros and has coached the Senior National Team in Prague.
Kevin Riggs: Riggs was a standout player at East Carolina University and was drafted by the Cincinnati Reds. He spent seven years in the minors and was selected to the All-Star Team four times. He was among the top 10 batting leaders three times and was the Norwich Navigators MVP & Offensive Player of the Year in 1996. Riggs spent time coaching in the Colorado Rockies organization from 2007-2014 and has since worked with the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Philadelphia Phillies.
Rodney Spradlin: Rodney has coached and scouted with Baseball Factory for several years. He not only runs and coordinates Player Development events, but also helps to coordinate and run PREP & Tryout Evaluation events in the southeast region. Rodney is a former Head Coach at William Byrd High School (Virginia) where he won a State Championship in 1997. He currently serves as the Pitching Coach at William Byrd. In addition, Rodney has been the Head Coach in the Virginia Commonwealth Games for over 20 years. He is also a former Associate Scout with the Kansas City Royals. He played his college ball at Carson Newman College in Jefferson City, TN.
Important Event Info:
- Players will be greeted by Baseball Factory representatives at baggage claim
- Players will be roomed with other players attending the event
- Players are guaranteed three games (weather permitting)
- Players are fully supervised 24 hours a day
- All players will be provided with three meals a day, lodging and ground transportation. Airfare is NOT included in the registration fees
- No spending money needed
- Players will receive an Under Armour jersey, cleats and hat
- Players receive online access to Baseball Factory’s Recruiting, Education and Development (R.E.D.) Manual
- Players need to bring all necessary baseball equipment for tournament games (please note: All players may use Wood or BBCOR bats)
- Parents welcome to attend, but not required (Parents and guests are responsible for providing their own reservation, meals and transportation.)
Want to play in the Pathway AZ Upperclass – 18U? Contact us now for more information.