*Please Note: Itinerary and Rosters posted are from 2019 event. 2020 information to be posted at a later date. (*Some changes may occur before the start of event.)
Past Event Staff Has Included:
Dave Burba: Dave is a former Major League Baseball pitcher who was selected in the second round of the 1987 Draft and played for the Seattle Mariners, San Francisco Giants, Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Indians, Texas Rangers, and Milwaukee Brewers from 1990-2004. In his 15-year major league career, he won 115 games, with 1,398 strikeouts. Burba has since gone on to coaching and became pitching coach of the Tri-City Dust Devils for the 2011 season, the Class-A team of the Colorado Rockies. Burba has served as the pitching coach in Double-A (Hartford Yard Goats) for the Rockies, since 2016. Dave has worked with the Baseball Factory the last four years.
Dean Espy: Dean played his college baseball at South Mountain Community College and UCLA. While at SMCC, he carried a .331 batting average with 12 home runs. At UCLA he was primarily the team’s 1B and designated hitter. He was drafted in the 15th round in the 2011 MLB Amateur Draft by the Kansas City Royals. He then went on to spend a couple of years in the Rockies organization. Dean has been working with Baseball Factory since 2011.
Jimmy Johnson: Jimmy brings over 40 years of professional baseball experience to the Baseball Factory, having worked events with the company the last 12 years. He’s been in various hitting coordinator and managerial roles with the Astros, Yankees, Royals, Dodgers, and the Colorado Rockies. He was also the infield, hitting, and field coordinator for the Rockies. He most recently served as the hitting coach for team China during the WBC, and has worked with Major League Baseball and their facilities in China. Jimmy conducts professional hitting and defensive lessons in the Phoenix area. He played professionally for seven seasons with the Houston Astros and has coached the Senior National Team in Prague.
Kevin Riggs: Riggs was a standout player at East Carolina University and was drafted by the Cincinnati Reds. He spent seven years in the minors and was selected to the All-Star Team four times. He was among the top 10 batting leaders three times and was the Norwich Navigators MVP & Offensive Player of the Year in 1996. Riggs spent time coaching in the Colorado Rockies organization from 2007-2014 and has since worked with the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Philadelphia Phillies.
Rodney Spradlin: Rodney has coached and scouted with Baseball Factory for several years. He not only runs and coordinates Player Development events, but also helps to coordinate and run PREP & Tryout Evaluation events in the southeast region. Rodney is a former Head Coach at William Byrd High School (Virginia) where he won a State Championship in 1997. He currently serves as the Pitching Coach at William Byrd. In addition, Rodney has been the Head Coach in the Virginia Commonwealth Games for over 20 years. He is also a former Associate Scout with the Kansas City Royals. He played his college ball at Carson Newman College in Jefferson City, TN.
Important Event Info:
For more information about the Arizona Senior Fall Classic experience, click here.
- Players will be greeted by Baseball Factory representatives at baggage claim
- Players will be roomed with other players attending the event
- Players are guaranteed four games
- Players will review and recap games with Baseball Factory coaches
- Players are fully supervised 24 hours a day
- All players will be provided with three meals a day, lodging and ground transportation. Airfare is NOT included in the registration fees
- Players may bring spending money for souvenirs and/or extra snacks
- Players will receive an Under Armour cleats, jersey and hat
- Players need to bring all necessary baseball equipment for tournament games (please note: all games are wood bat only – no aluminum)
- Baseball Factory will have wood bats available for team use
- Players will receive online access to Baseball Factory’s Recruiting, Education and Development (R.E.D.) Manual
- Players receive a detailed player info pack upon registration
- Parents welcome to attend, but not required (Parents and guests are responsible for providing their own reservation, meals and transportation.)
Want to play in the Arizona Senior Fall Classic? Contact us now for more information.