Final Rosters Announced For 2015 Under Armour All-America Game
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
THE 2015 Under Armour All-America BASEBALL Game RETURNS TO Wrigley Field on August 15TH
The Nation’s Top High School Baseball Players, Selected by Baseball Factory, to Showcase Their Talents
Baltimore, MD (August 10, 2015) – Under Armour, Inc. (NYSE:UA) the Baltimore, MD-based leader in sports performance apparel, footwear and equipment, today announced that the 2015 Under Armour® All-America Baseball Game, powered by Baseball Factory, will be played at Wrigley Field on Saturday, August 15 at 3:00 p.m. CST. This will mark the eighth year of the Under Armour All-America Game, which will air on MLB Network and MLB.com and showcase 40 of the best high school baseball players from around the world.
The players are selected by a committee of Baseball Factory scouts and will compete in an American vs. National team match-up. The Under Armour All-America Baseball Game is the culmination of a three-day baseball celebration, including a formal workout for Major League Baseball (MLB) scouts, a homerun derby along with local Chicago community service showcasing Under Armour’s commitment to giving back. Additionally, Bowman Trading Cards will take photos of each player participating in the game to create official Under Armour All-America Game baseball cards. MLB veterans Bill Ripken and Wes Helms will manage the game.
“Eight years ago, we created the Under Armour All-America Baseball Game because we believe the world’s most elite high school baseball players deserve an experience of a lifetime to showcase their talent and learn the necessary skills to help them compete at their best,” said Jim Bel Bruno, Senior Category Director of Baseball, Under Armour. “This game has proven to be a significant step in the overall preparation to play at the collegiate level. We believe that what these athletes learn as Under Armour All-Americans will continue to resonate throughout their careers and make them better athletes both on and off the field.”
“The Under Armour All-America Game is a world-class event. As a high school athlete, the opportunity to learn from players like Billy and Cal Ripken Jr. pulling you aside and teaching you one-on-one is an incredible experience,” said Chicago Cubs star Addison Russell who participated in the Under Armour All-America Baseball Game and went on to become the 11th overall pick in the 2012 draft by the Oakland Athletics. “Under Armour is first class in everything that they do and this game truly helped prepare me for where I am today.”
The following is the roster of players who have committed to compete in the 2015 Under Armour All-America Baseball Game:
- Jordon Adell, OF/RHP, 6’3, 185, Ballard High School, Louisville, KY
- Carter Aldrete, IF, 6’2, 190, Monterey High School, Monterey, CA
- Michael Amditis, C, 5’10, 190, Boca Raton Community HS, Boca Raton, FL
- Seth Beer, OF, 6’3, 205, Lambert High School, Suwanee, GA
- Keenan Bell, OF, 6’2, 215, Episcopal School, Jacksonville, FL
- Will Benson, OF/1B, 6’5, 225, The Westminster Schools, Atlanta, GA
- Bo Bichette, SS, 6’0, 200, Lakewood High School, Tierra Verde, FL
- Hunter Bishop, OF, 6’4, 190, Serra High School, San Carlos, CA
- AJ Brown, OF, 6’2, 217, Starkville High School, Starkville, MS
- Dylan Carlson, 1B/OF, 6’3, 195, Elk Grove High School, Elk Grove, CA
- Thomas Dillard, C, 6’0, 215, Oxford High School, Greenwood, MS
- Jonathan Gettys, LHP, 6’3, 220, Gainesville High School, Gainesville, GA
- Garrett Gooden, RHP/IF, 6’5, 205, St. Pius X Catholic High School, Decatur, GA
- Rian Haire, LHP, 6’3, 215, South Caldwell High School, Hudson, NC
- Nick Hanson, RHP, 6’6, 205, Prior Lake High School, Savage, MN
- Brenden Heiss, RHP, 6’1, 190, Jacobs High School, Lake in the Hills, IL
- Travis Hosterman, LHP, 6’3, 190, Hagerty High School, Oviedo, FL
- Austin James, IF, 6’1, 178, Bloomingdale High School, Valrico, FL
- Cooper Johnson, C, 6’0, 200, Carmel Catholic High School, Mundelein, IL
- Christian Jones, 1B/OF, 6’2, 211, Federal Way Senior High School, Federal Way, WA
- Thomas Jones, OF, 6’3, 195, Laurens, SC
- Grae Kessinger, IF, 6’2, 180, Oxford High School, Oxford, MS
- Carter Kieboom, IF, 6’2, 190, Walton High School, Marietta, GA
- Zach Linginfelter, RHP, 6’5, 220, Sevier County High School, Sevierville, TN
- Jesus Luzardo, LHP, 6’1, 205, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Parkland, FL
- Alek Manoah, RHP, 6’6, 245, South Dade Senior High School, Homestead, FL
- Mitchell Miller, LHP, 6’5, 175, Loganville High School, Covington, GA
- Anthony Molina, RHP, 6’5, 180, West Broward High School, Pembroke Pines, FL
- Kyle Muller, LHP, 6’6, 220, Jesuit College Prep School, Dallas, TX
- Delvin Perez, IF, 6’3, 165, International Baseball Academy, Loiza, PR
- Riley Pint, RHP, 6’4, 192, St. Thomas Aquinas High School, Lenexa, KS
- Alex Speas, RHP, 6’4, 187, McEachern High School, Powder Springs, GA
- Graeme Stinson, LHP, 6’5, 240, Norcross High School, Norcross, GA
- Alex Toral, 1B, 6’1, 205, Archbishop McCarthy High School, Davie, FL (2017 Grad)
- Taylor Trammell, OF, 6’2, 195, Mt. Paran Christian High School, Powder Springs, GA
- Greg Veliz, RHP/IF, 6’2, 205, Key West High School, Key West, FL
- Colton Welker, IF, 6’2, 195, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Coral Springs, FL
- Joey Wentz, 1B/LHP, 6’5, 210, Shawnee Mission East High School, Leawood, KS
- Forrest Whitley, RHP, 6’7, 230, Alamo Heights High School, San Antonio, TX
- Andy Yerzy, C, 6’3, 215, York Mills Collegiate Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“We are excited to announce the final roster for the Under Armour All-America Game,” said Steve Bernhardt, Executive VP of Baseball Factory and Chairman of the Under Armour All-America Game Selection Committee. “At Baseball Factory, we are constantly evaluating players worldwide to identify the top high school athletes for selection to the event. The 2015 All-Americans are an impressive group of talented players who will continue the tradition of greatness at the Under Armour All-America Game.”
Over the past eight years, 217 of the 245 draft eligible players from the Under Armour All-America Game were selected in the MLB Amateur Draft including 60 first round picks. Top players that went on to sign professional contracts include Byron Buxton (2012 No.2 Overall Pick, Minnesota Twins); Kevin Gausman (2012 No.4 Overall Pick, Baltimore Orioles); Addison Russell (2012 No.11 Overall Pick, Oakland Athletics); Clint Frazier (2013 No.5 Overall Pick, Cleveland Indians); Trey Ball (2013 No.7 Overall Pick, Boston Red Sox); Brady Aiken (2014 No.1 Overall Pick, Houston Astros, 2015 No.17 Overall Pick, Cleveland Indians); Tyler Kolek (2014 No.2 Overall Pick, Miami Marlins); Nick Gordon (2014 No.5 Overall Pick, Minnesota Twins); Brendan Rodgers (2015 No.3 Overall Pick, Colorado Rockies); Kyle Tucker (2015 No.5 Overall Pick, Houston Astros).
For more information on the 2015 Under Armour All-America Baseball Game, powered by Baseball Factory, please visit www.baseballfactory.com/allamerica.
About Under Armour, Inc.
Under Armour (NYSE: UA), the originator of performance footwear, apparel and equipment, revolutionized how athletes across the world dress. Designed to make all athletes better, the brand’s innovative products are sold worldwide to athletes at all levels. The Under Armour Connected Fitness™ platform powers the world’s largest digital health and fitness community through a suite of applications: UA Record, MapMyFitness, Endomondo and MyFitnessPal. The Under Armour global headquarters is in Baltimore, Maryland. For further information, please visit the Company’s website at www.uabiz.com.
About Baseball Factory, Inc.
Baseball Factory has developed programs to provide players with world-class instruction and life-changing experiences, which when combined, lead to future success both on and off the field. Baseball Factory holds over 500 events nationwide each year in over 40 states and 100 cities. We pride ourselves on giving families an unbiased assessment of where they stand against other players nationwide. Baseball Factory events have featured more than 320 players who have played or are currently playing in the Majors and over 40,000 players have gone on to play at the college level. 98% of Division I, 70% of Division II and 60% of Division III programs have at least one Baseball Factory alumnus on their roster. Learn more at www.baseballfactory.com.
Catalyst PR for Under Armour